Friday, January 9, 2009

Bugs aplenty

I don't have much of an update, but I wanted to stay true to my resolution.

The bugs in my house have multiplied...I think we need the equivalent of a bug bomb made of Lysol.

Zachary started this one with a raging sore throat and head cold. He so sweetly shared it with me. I am suffering through it right now. Yesterday, it didn't seem so bad. I was congested and coughing some with some fatigue. Today, however, the cough won't stop. My head feels like a bug bomb that could explode at any time. Casey doesn't like it when I am sick, so I am trying to stir up some energy to figure out something easy to make for dinner - I don't think it will happen. Besides, if my family were smart, they wouldn't want to eat anything I made anyway.

However, this morning, Bryce told me as he was leaving for work that he was going to rest this weekend, since he is pretty sure he was catching this...I hope not. The cough is so nagging.

I think I have some good news. A friend of mine from high school is battling breast cancer that has metastacized to her liver, pelvis, spine and brain. She is truly miraculous. She has been fighting for nearly 2 years now, and though she has down falls, she seems to have more upturns. She has walked in the last 2 Susan G Koman breast cancer walks...her and her team have made miraculous sums of money. The first year they made $58,000+ I am not sure about this past year, but I am sure they probably surpassed it. Anyway, yesterday she had a double mastectomy. She apparently did very well. The suregery was shorter than expected, and the doctor's said she did great. I am sure there is a major emotional toll in a surgery such as this...and I haven't gotten a report on her frame of mind yet. However, she has a husband and 4 beautiful children. They need all the prayers they can get, as she is truly in the fight of all of their lives. You can read more about her story, and a big fundraiser coming up at www.marilynkeepingthefaith.com. "Keepin the faith", is her motto for the whole undertaking, and her team title for the walks. There was a story on the front page of the Local page of the OC Register last week, some of you may have read it...if you did, I am sure you were touched by her outlook. If you are on FaceBook, there are links to her story and updates on my FaceBook page.

I hope this finds all of you well, and this is the last bug to make it's round through our house. Have a good one... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am not sure...but i think i might have gotten a slight cold...ugh:(