Sunday, April 12, 2009

I blew my Resolution

DANG IT!!! Who wants to read a blog that doesn't get posted on? NO ONE. I can't believe I haven't been here since January 31. I guess that is not so bad. A lot of people break their resolutions by January 2nd. At least I made it through the month, right. OK...Not good enough.

In my defense, I have been busy. Zachary is back in swim season, so there have been lots of meets that I have been at. He is doing well in his 2nd year of varsity swim. He is a distance swimmer, so he swims the 500 meter, which is 20 laps. I get tired just thinking of it. He is more often than not in the top 3 or 4 out of 8.

Caitlyn is busy with school...as is Bryce. Caitlyn had a 3.8 GPA in the first semester - we are very proud. Bryce keeps busy working and studying...and of course, being 19 - he does lots of "hanging out". This week was Spring Break, so everyone was home, and under foot. Unfortunately, due to the economic times, 30 Min. Photo had to let Bryce go (last hired - first fired!!). However, he has now been hired with Netflix. He starts this coming Tuesday at 4AM. YUCK...then he goes straight to school. I think it is going to be a rough afternoon around here. Zach got his drivers license this last week. Yes, I have 2 driving boys. Where does the time go.

BASEBALL!!! Yay...baseball season started this week. The Angels won their opener, then lost the next 2 games. I must say the games were good and close. Unfortunately, as I am sure everyone heard, their new, up and coming prospect pitcher, Nick Adenhart was killed Wed. night/Thursday AM right after making his first phenomonal start of the season. He held the Oakland A's scoreless for 6 innings. When he left the game in the 7th, the Angels were ahead 4-0. They went on to lose the game, but to no fault of Adenhart. After he, his girlfriend and 2 friends left the ball field, they were heading to a dance club. Unfortunately, a drunk driver came upon them before they arrived, and killed Adenhart, his girlfriend and one other passenger. There is one passenger in critical condition in the hospital, but should survive. This is so painful for the team, but even more for all of their families. The driver of the other vehicle had a BAL of 3 times the legal limit, no license due to other drunk driving convictions and drug charges on his record. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!! It kills...It is tragic and pointless and lives are forever changed. The Angels cancelled the game that evening, out of respect of the families and the team. They came back on Friday night and gave an awesome remembrance of Adenhart just prior to the game. The Angels are truly a class act. In their series with the Boston Red Sox this weekend, the Angels took 2/3 games. That gives them a record of 3/6 on the season, with one game to be made up later in the year with the Oakland A's. Can't wait to watch them play on Tuesday.

Catie and I are badly addicted to American Idol. The kids are good this year. Still there is no one like Carrie Underwood...she is the best Idol ever. I love Danny Goeke; I think he is great. Another fave is Adam Lambert. Danny is definately #1 for me, but Adam can do some amazing things with his voice...and Caitie's friends are in love with him. I think they will be the final 2.

Hopefully, I have caught everyone up enough, and I will post again soon - I promise!!!

No comments: