Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Update...

So, since my last post...only 6 weeks...not too bad. Gosh, I need to get better.

The kids finished up the school year. Both Zach and Caitlyn had excellent grades. I am so proud of them for applying themselves so hard. Zachary is working hard at Wild Rivers, and whatever other odd jobs he can find to earn some money. He is trying to buy a truck. Caitlyn played a few days of water polo, then went up north to hang at Uncle Danny and Aunt Debbie's house for the fourth of July and a few weeks beyond. Her and Aunt Debbie are presently enjoying a few days in San Francisco. They hit all the hot spots...Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, but the highlight of Caitlyn's trip was seeing the "Full House" house...silly girl. I want to see all the other hot spots.

As for Bryce...he joined the Navy. We are very proud of him. Until his basic training, he is working at Big 5. I have some qualms about the whole military thing. Nothing about Bryce, personally. I lived the military life for 8 years, and loved it!!! I think the experience will be great for him. I just see so much instability in the world present day. For example, the unrest in Iran, and nuclear threats by N. Korea. I just have to pray for him, and his safety, and feel secure in the training he is given. We are in a little bit of disarray right now, waiting for him to get an official school date. Originally, he was scheduled for April 1st. That was nice, everything was status quo. However, he put in for an ASAP school date. He found out last week that it went through, and he accepted that. He was told it could be as early as 2-4 weeks. Well, we are one week into that, with no date. I don't want to make any plans for fear that something could happen. Those of you that know me, know that I am a planner, so this is driving me nuts.

The boys right now are in Tennessee with their father's side of the family for a week. So, Casey and I have a week to ourselves. We haven't done much with it...hopefully, we will do something in the next few days. As Saturday, all the kids start coming home. It will be nice to have our family back together. It is oddly quiet here...that is both good and bad. I enjoy the solace, yet miss being hands on with the kids.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Laura Evangeline said...

What branch of the military were you in? We have some Navy folk over here (Afghanistan), but they don't leave the FOB. In fact, I've never seen one in BDUs! :-) They're always in those snazzy yellow and blue PTs.